Thursday, March 7, 2013

Final Concentration Photos

"It's always tea time," the Mad Hatter Says in Alice In Wonderland. He is another one of my favorite book characters. I tried to depict him as bit insane and absolutely stoked to have tea. I tilted the camera when taking the photo to make everything seem a bit more topsy-turvy. It turned out well with a nice foreground of the tea cup and kettle, and a background of the Hatter. 

This a picture of Humpty Dumpty and Alice. Humpty Dumpty's character is actually more from the book Through the Looking-glass, but it's all part of the same story. Humpty Dumpty is an egg, teetering on the edge of a high wall. I used a different point of view when taking this picture by taking it from above to really emphasize him being on the edge of the wall. I'd like to take some quotations form the books and place them below the pictures for my final concentration. That way I can get more detail about each character across to viewers. 

"Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!" is a quotation from the White Rabbit in Alice In Wonderland. The white rabbit is the catalyst that starts Alice off on her amazing adventure. I will probably have this be my first picture in the series and put the others in order by scene. The stop watch is the main object of the rabbit's that first intrigues Alice. I used rule of thirds in this picture and lighting to get the silhouette of the rabbit right. By boosting the contrast the shadow really stands out. 

This photo is another take on the Queen of Hearts. I used repetition, contrast between red and white, and lighting to place emphasis on the Queen.

1 comment:

  1. You captured the 'Alice in Wonderland mood' perfectly! I love the image of the mad hatter.

    ReplyDelete