Friday, March 15, 2013

The Cheshire Cat and Singing Flowers

The Cheshire Cat's smile was one of my favorite elements in the Alice In Wonderland story. He was a cunning and creepy character. I took many pictures of my cats and a lot of different people's mouths, trying to find the right match up for a Cheshire Cat. I chose this photo of my cat because his eyes and facial expression are creepy and stand out. Because he is licking his lips too, it adds a bit of humor. For the mouth photo, I boosted the contrast a lot and changed the hue to create the extreme purple color which is signature to the Cheshire Cat. The teeth look very white, and I tilted the photo so it wasn't straight on and lied more angled with the cat.

In Wonderland, the flowers are known to sing. I wanted to capture the essence of music with a flower in this photo. I used sheet music as my background photo but I also would like to try a variety of musical backgrounds, maybe an instrument or a musician singing would also look good with the flower. I like this flower picture because it turned out really clear, the color is vibrant, and the water droplets could be paint, as in "painting the roses red".
I would like to work more with overlaying photos. I think because the book Alice In Wonderland is so crazy, it will be good to have a variety of photo types in my final concentration. I would like my final concentration series to have diptychs, photo stories, overlaid photos, and normal photos. So far, diptychs and overlapping photos have been my favorite to work with. The overlapping photos were also the most difficult to edit, until they look appropriate and unified. It was very hard for me to find good photos that lined up well together. I had to take many photos and do a lot of editing to get these pictures to turn out well with the story.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.
    ΦΩΤΟΤΥΠΙΚΑ

    ReplyDelete